Monday, March 27, 2006

Planting Seeds

I Love planting seeds. I just got done with most of run #2 of tomatoes,peppers, and eggplant. The greenhouse is bustin out with run #1 and looking really good. I had the best germination rates I've ever had and they are all comin along really well. Maybee to well.

If it dosn't give me a big enough dry spell the tomatoes will get to big then I lose some production. We've been getting some breaks in the rain but I need a good week so my soil dosn't muck up when I till it. So I wait, and hope, and slow things downa bit in the greenhouse.

But as I said, I Love planting seeds, there is a simple satisfaction in helping seeds to sprout and grow and fullfill their highest potential. Everyday you get to see how they are doing. It's like I have thousands of little children and I get to care for each and everyone every day. I get to water them, feed them, and tuck them into bed everynight then uncover them every morning so they can live and grow some more. Then when their just right I get to put them into the ground and watch them really take off. Then they start making fruit, then ripen and I get to pick them, eat them, and sell them to make my living.

You see it's this little deal I have with them and Mother Nature. I do my best to care for the plants the best way I know how, and they do their best to help me to make a living. And the cycle goes round and round every year. So that's a few reasons I like planting seeds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home