Sunday, April 12, 2009

Busy 'round here

It's been busy 'round here. A small list of what got done this last week.
Tomato's transplanted
Tomato's covered
Spring crops seeded
Veg starts for sale transplanted
Much mowing
Thistle patrol
Peppers #2 planted
and many many more..............
Yesterday at Market it was just hummin. Loads of people. Busy all around. I came home totally bushed. It could be attributed to being up at 3:30 watching field temps and getting ready for frost. The temp had been dropping 2F an hour and at 3:30 was at 34F so frost was pretty immanent. The Squash is up but under row covers but some leaves are contacting the cover, and I didn't want to lose any. So I cleared the water line of chilly water and started it up on the squash at 4:00am. The external temp was seamming to hold but I've seen it do that then drop really quick, and I wasn't taking any chances. So I kept monitoring the temps and got my micro climate around the squash to 36F and figured I'd be safe. ( I have to leave for Market at 5:30am.)
So today's Easter and we're going to have a nice Linner, but being spring I got to go and work. Life of a Farmer!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home