Sunday, April 26, 2009

Life of a busy Farmer

I have the life of a Farmer. Maybee to say busy is redundant. It's been a wild and fast paced two weeks 'round here. Two nights ago ( Friday night) it again got a bit chilly. Again the frost alarm went off at 4:00am. What me worry? Well the agribon had been removed from the Zucchini, and so I quickly dashed outside, turned on water and woke Angela ( apprentice) and away we went unrolling agribon to cover the Zukes. I also turned the water on the freshly transplanted Peppers, Eggplant, and Basil. It all turned out wonderfully with the agribon/water making those wonderfull little microclimates. Off to Farmers Market I went.
Market was again busy. Really busy. The crowds are showing up earlier, and getting thicker. And Carrots are flying out as fast as we can sell them.
We have two new arrivals on the Farm also. New apprentices Erin and Adam, who are working out just wonderfully. They have great attitudes, are eager and helpfull, and both the Farm and they are really looking forward to the experience's this season brings.
Back to busy. I totatlly blew it this week. I had a scheduled appearance at CSU Chico to talk about local food systems and my successes and challenges. I was so focused on finnishing lots of little tasks that I forgot about it till it was to late. I speak to groups pretty often and this was the first time I was late, or missed the event alltogether. Busy Farmer syndrome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home