Sunday, May 10, 2009

Makin' Rain

Today I'm making rain. As the temperature has recently turned to the warm side, today will hit 90F, I have to watch things and make sure I don't get behind in my irrigation. In fact when I'm done with this out I go to switch irrigation from the Squash and Tomatoes, to recently transplanted Tomatoes, Spring crops ( Lettuce, Beets, Spinach,Radishes,Arugula ).
This last week went very well with everything proceeding according to plans. Which in Farming can be quite a rare occurance. Last weekend we had almost 2" of rain, wetting the soil pretty well. So on Teusday when it was time to fertilize and till the rows for Cucumbers, Watermelons, and Sharlyn Melons, I was hoping the soil wasn't to wet causing clumping and soil structure damage. When I went through with the tiller the soil came out looking pretty good and ready for planting. So On Wednsday we planted Cucumbers then Watermelons and Sharlyn's on Thursday. And the weather has been pefect for them ever since with wonderfull soil temperature. Go seeds Go!!!!!!!!!!
Then on Friday we transplanted the second run of Shady Ladys and they are happy and the timing a perfect 30 days after the first run. These kind of weeks are occuring more frequently. Perfect timing, and excellent results. Something must be up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home