Tuesday, December 08, 2009

bbbbrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

It was COLD last night.

Just before sunup, a chilly 11F. I'm so glad I don't live in Minnesota. I just don't think I could take it. We had a high temp of 42F yesterday with a bit of wind. I didn't want to be outside. I'm a cold pansy. So this morning, just before sunup I jumped out of bed a checked the thermometer that reads the outside temp, when I saw 11f I was a bit shocked. I knew it was to be cold, but not that cold. I quickly calmed my worry's 'bout the carrots and went back to bed. Nothing I could do at that point.

Today I did get water running on them as the soil was quite dry and wet soil holds more heat, and with my nice warm well water I wanted to get the soil temp up a bit. The tops of the carrots will take a few days of frigid weather and then if they die they still provide cover for the roots. But if the soil freezes and then the actual carrots I could have some very sweet but unsaleable mush. That definitely would bum me out. Might even make me cry, and I'm a grown man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home