Friday, December 04, 2009

What I been up to.

What I been up to?
Good question. The Sun is rapidly moving to it's place on the shortest day of the year. Days are much shorter round here. And my inner motivation can be a challenge at times. And there's work to be done. All in all it has been getting done.

Some of my tasks that I accomplished this week were: finishing a rain cover over the Hog Yard.
I sealed up numerous roof surfaces. I hauled stuff to the dump. I got a handy piece of stuff from the dump. I ran quite a few errands. I dried out some big pieces of old greenhouse cover that will now be tarps. And did a hundred other little tiny things.

Then today I harvested for Farmers Market tomorrow. Speaking of Farmers Market. Last weeks market was a bit slow. It started really slow and didn't finally get to a good roll till 10:30 which is a bit late for a good market. It was slow the same week last year. Not black Friday but black Saturday. ( Plus the weather was a bit cloudy and chilly.)

Today's harvest consisted of Romanesco, Orange Cauliflower, Broccoli, Beets, and of course not to mention the carrots 'cept they were already done. Garlic too.

Now for a bit of an intermission as I got to go feed some Hogs.

I'm back. Now if were a total computer geek I would have been streaming live video of me feedin' Hogs. I don't think I've spoken much about the Hogs. It's been the first time I've been in charge of raisin 'em. Lisa the one that developed the system we're using. They are fed a fermented Organic whole grain diet with Organic soymeal added. Then of course lot's of Farm veggies. Watermelons make sweet meat. Now their getting a bit of Broccoli, ( don't want to give them to much or they might taste like cabbage ) and sweet carrots! For the first few months they were getting fed lots of fresh Goat Milk. Soon they'll be Bacon and Chops and More!!
It's the sweetest,tasty, most tender, pork I've ever had. Spoils me for any other, which is a statement that cover's all the produce here on the Farm.

Alas a Farmer's Life,
It's for Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home