Saturday, October 17, 2009

Market Rocked

Farmers Market today rocked!!! I went home with a empty truck which is always good. The weather was nice, the Broccoli flew as did Tomatoes. At points all I had to do was restock Tomatoes and customers would pick them out as fast as I put them in. That's the MO!

We're getting lots of Carrot inquiry's now, more every week, our customers are clammer'in for 'em.
I can't believe they are so close to diggin time. Actually tomorrow I'm going to raid some for the Beef Short Ribs I'm going to be making. I bought 3 packs from Francis at Alston Farms-Grass Fed goodness, yum, short ribs double yum. First I'll brown the ribs, then saute' some carrots-onions-celery in that fat then add some wine spices and slow braise them for a long slow delicious outcome. That's why since she had them I bought 3 packs.

This week we had our first big rain storm. We had 2' of rain and some wind. So before the storm we had all kinds of chores to get done. We picked all the ripe Tomatoes, covered a couple of rows for Garlic, put lots of bedding in the Hogs sleeping area and put a cover over the entrance. Warm hogs are happy Hogs and happy Hogs are gaining Hogs.

During the rain storm I kept busy by canning 20 quarts of Tomato Soup

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home