Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Visitation

We had a wonderful visitation yesterday. Eric one of last years apprentices was in the state and made the journey to Chico and of course the Farm. Eric is a bicycle fanatic. He hitched from San Diego to Santa Cruz then rode his bike to Chico. Crazy kid. But we love him. When past apprentices come for a visit we are always so happy. It's like a long lost friend coming home.
So to celebrate the homecoming we had a fantastic dinner of BBQ'd chicken, roasted potatoes, grilled eggplant, and roasted peppers, not to mention all the pickles and snacks ahead of time. The party started in the afternoon, (when Eric arrived I jumped off the tractor shut it down and called it a day). It ended at about 8:00 when I came down with heat stroke for the second time in a week. Not pretty. This time I passed out so 911 was called but luckily by the time they got here, my body temp was down, I was clear headed, but had high blood pressure and heart rate. Luckily they don't make you go to the hosptal if you don't want to. ( Yeah like I can really afford a hospital visit) So after checking me out they let me sign a peice of paper saying I won't sue them if I die, and they departed. The first responders all were really nice, and everyone around here chipped in getting my body temp down. Problem was I ruined the party. Other problem is now I'm sopossed to be more prone to get heat sickness, which really sucks, but now I'll have to be more carefull, and act my age. So today I was carefull didn't rush things and have been staying cool and well hydrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home