Friday, August 14, 2009

Rare Friday

It's one of those rare Friday's in the summer where I was done early. Upside- being done early and getting to goof off. Downside- some sales are off and that will hit me in my bankbook.
There's some serious clinkin' and clankin' goin on in my brain right now. The impetus? yesterday's market in Penn Valley was seriously slow and way off last years number$. And this is the second week in a row. Not a good sign. This market used to be a great little market but it's fizzeld and sputtered the last few years and I exactly have'nt been fast on the gun to change. But after yesterdays market or actually at yesterdays market I was crunching #'s, and I am going to replace it with a CSA. Yes I know I was supposed to launch the CSA this summer but my publicity wasn't exactly happening. I had a Micro CSA like 8 years ago, and then it was like pullin teeth to get people signed up now CSA's are everywhere and I'm the last farmer to join the club. So all winter/spring I will constantly nag my customers to sign up/take an interest. Then I will take a pile of money if I have to, and buy the best advertising campaign money can buy. ( don't start me on publicity or you'll hear quite a rant) Then I will have more people than I want banging on my door beggin to be a Pyramid Farms CSA member.
Well I'm off to go eat crappy fried food by the river ( everybody's got to have a weakness)

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger mandy said...

We had a great time indulging in fried food weaknesses with you guys last night! :) Totally down to help out with any publicity stuffs too, btw.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home