Friday, June 19, 2009

A few Thoughts

Yes If you look at the time of this post it's almost 5:00 am right now. I'm a Farmer so I should be gettin up to eat my breakfast before I start my day huh? Well right now I"m not sleeping as I should be in fact I haven't been sleeping for the last 2 hours. INSOMNIA!!!! The dreaded curse of an overactive mind. And right now I don't have to start my day at 5:00am, that will come later of course.

Last evening Lee and Francine from GRUB, a very new, small Farm here in Chico came by for a visit/tour. It's inspiring to know that others in your community are passionate about vegetables. They are ever so new to the Farming Game, but have such a good start. It's my secret desire to see small Farms everywhere, feeding their communities, actively pursuing the New Agrarian Life. I'm somewhat a visionary, somewhat a realist, and I Love food and I feel others could benefit from eating healthy, fresh, local, produce. So when I meet others who are helping take us to the place we could be it makes me excited. I of course feel that right now in THIS day and age that all those who have the ability to do so, could eat more vegetables and fruit, and all those that they do eat should be produced locally. If people would do this we would not just have a few farms who are rockin the World, but we would have a whole New Agrarian Life, everywhere we looked in this valley, one of the finest agricultural landscapes in the world we would see a pastoral landscape of super productive farms. people would have good jobs, producing a REAL economy, with long term growth and sustainability. We would gather with our friends and celebrate life and death, the passing of the seasons, and the harvests that they bring. We would give our selves the opportunity to experience true liberation and self responsibility. This Earth would be a better place for it all.
So here's to You folks of GRUB!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home