Friday, July 03, 2009

Stealing

I'm going to steal a topic here and if anyone wants to sue my go ahead.

Tomorrow on the birthday of our Nation I am going to be engaged in one of the most Patriotic acts one can do. No, not make war on a small country stealing their resources or enslaving their populace, or preparing them to become consumers of international corporate junk, but I will, on the Fourth of July, be selling my Certified Organic Vegetables at the Farmers Market.
Our great Nation ( well?) was built upon the backs of Farmers. Farmers made this country what it is. We fed our populace, and then we built wealth feeding/clothing people in other lands. Somewhere the train jumped the tracks but that is another topic. Now the tracks are being repaired and someday will be ready for the train to run them once again. I'm helping.
Service is in my Genes. But besides being a member of a genetically altered race designed to be slaves, ( digression here) my mothers maiden name is Service. So on I go on, helping to repair the tracks torn up at a time which I don't know, Serving my fellow man/woman, bringing Organic Vegetables of the highest quality to a Local Farmers Market so they in turn can practice an Patriotic act and purchase them, eat them, enjoy them.
So when you celebrate the Fourth of July, which celebrates the signing of our countries Declaration of Independence,( up yours King!) which more than likely was signed by a whole bunch of Farmers, if you are not eating a meal that is completely Locally produced, you are not only more than likely having the finest meal possible, you are committing treason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home