Wednesday, August 12, 2009

To Tired To Sleep

How can that be? I don't know it sometimes happens. After dinner I think I'll just relax a bit and go to bed early. Ha!!!! Then what usually happens is that I have to stay awake till 9:00pm to do irrigation chores then I think the walk out amongst the field wakes me up. So then I try and sleep and alas I fail. Then I get up watch a bit of idiot box and goof on the computer. Thank god for the Internet. I can read my favorite Farm blogs, dream of tropical beaches, dream of tropical beaches and scuba diving, or write on my blog which I'm doing right now.
These days I can tell it's August for a few reasons. First when people ask me how am I? I respond with " well it's almost the middle of August and that means August is almost half over so pretty good" The other reason is today I was genuinely fatigued in the field at 3:00. And lastly my 43 year old knee is getting a bit sore. I am hatching some plans somehow involving me crouching a bit less. First it involves a crop audit. I am going to audit a specific crop and see if it's really working for me. If not I may either take a big whack at it and give it up all together or I will reduce the amount I grow and find some freedom there. Don't get me wrong I Love working in the field, it's just getting to the point that I'm really going to do some bad damage to my knees and etc. if I keep it up. It's the picking that gets me. So I either need to free up some time so apprentices can do more of the picking that I do, get more apprentices, or have a robotic expert make me some really pricey jumpy leg shock absorber thingys. I've already designed them but need to have them engineered and manufactured which would probably cost a million bucks. If only the military would lose a pair in my driveway. You see I know they got'em cause if a person can concieve of it they can make it. They don't call it the military INDUSTRIAL complex for nuthin.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

you are hilarious. i am not at the market, as you notice now, but at home, doing all sorts of unspeakables because of the flu. i don't like the flu but I love farming. farming is the best job in the world. yay for farming!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home