Sunday, August 02, 2009

I could use a nap!

It's now August and we can smell September 'round here. July and August are our biggest months. They are very, very, busy, very hot, and if I can get a nap on any day but Sunday it's a miracle or I just fell over from exhaustion. I cannot remember the last nap I had. You see in June when I'm working 9/10 hour days there is just enough time in the day to get a small nap and not be still working out in the field at dusk. But in July it's usually just to freakin hot to work a 10 and then have to be working in the field at 6:00. so the 2:00 nap goes bye-bye. And then lately I've even missed my Sunday naps. I've been busy processing chickens or having a few beers with friends ( I know whaaa) and missed my Sunday naps. Well I'm thinkin today's the day. Nappy time.
So now that it's August we can see the downhill run from here. Ok maybee not see it but smell it. (Smell is much more intuitive) I definately know it's out there, and right now I'm concentrating on enjoying August for all that it is, celebrating every success, and making sure I don't blow things off and screw up my Fall/Winter.
Speaking of Fall/Winer this week the first Carrot seed will hit the ground. They will find it to be fertile and extremely fluffy. The beds have tilled up like chocolate mousee and will taste like it to the Carrots. I'm planting a few more beds this year than last as insurance to the reduced avg. yeilds of last year plus we always have a growth in sales.
So for now this energized but nap starved Farmer is out of here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home