Sunday, July 05, 2009

Fourth of July Dinner

Last nights dinner was Yummy!

It consisted of almost completely Farm produced or Local products. For the Main dish I BBQ'd a Pyramid Farms Pork Loin marinated in Cider Vinegar with our favorite cookin seasonings. The seasonings are made in Oroville, the Cider Vinegar not local. Then I roasted some of Grub's new Yukon Gold Potatoes with some of our Torpedo Onions, with Chaffin Family Orchards Olive Oil and more cookin seasonings. Definately local. Then I made a salad of Pyramid Farms Cucumber, Purple Pepper, Sun Gold Sherry Tomatoes, Cilantro and Basil an again cooking seasonings, Chaffin Olive Oil and Brown Rice Vinegar. So the only parts of the dinner that weren't local were Brown Rice Vinegar, and Cider Vinegar. So now I just need to get Gregg Massa to start making Rice Vinegar and a Apple guy to make cider vinegar. Of course the propane wasn't Local too. But dinner was Yummy and Lisa and I enjoyed it completely.
And I almost forgot! Dessert was homemade Goat Milk Vanilla Ice Milk. It was delicious and I'm going to start playing with the recipe to make it more creamy. Next time I make it, I'm going to separate the egg whites and whip them before adding them in. Then I'll try it with honey instead of sugar, and then agave nectar too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home