Sunday, August 09, 2009

Carrots!

Carrots are almost half seeded!! I Love it when that happens. It means that most the planting for the year is done and my biggest crop is in the ground. I used to get nervous until the seed started to sprout they're little arms up to the sky but now I'm pretty confident I won't mess up. Of course I always could mess up but I won't.
This last week we had some downright cool weather. In fact so cool it killed attendance at my Thursday market. Every one stayed home and opened a can of soup for dinner. You see in some peoples minds if you don't need anything for dinner that night there is no reason to go to the Farmers Market. What don't they eat any other evenings? pet peeve.
Speaking of eating last nights dinner was made by me, and consisted of some of the finest spare ribs from Lisa' last batch of hogs. And then I also grilled white eggplant and lite purple eggplant, roasted some red gypsy peppers, roasted some of my buddy Andrews fingerling potatoes, and topped it all off with an heirloom tomato salad. Yum, and Double Yum. I love being a Farmer and I even Love it more when I have the energy to make a spectacular meal, enjoy it with good company, and take pleasure in the simple things.
And P.S. thank you guardian angel who kept me from being crashed into at the accident site on my way to market.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home