Sunday, August 16, 2009

Arch Nemesis

My Arch Nemesis right now, and they change, is GOPHERS!!! Every time I irrigate the pepper plantings I have to go through the whole planting and repair the drip tape. and it's not just one hole, it was like 8 holes this morning. It's really a pain. It's not a chore that I have a whole lot of extra time for but it has to be done. It's one thing that I will havemore time for when I revamp things next year.
The whole revamp is really the focus of my thinking right now. First will be my CSA promotion all Winter/ Spring. I've already have some really good idea's on how not to get blown off by my regular customers. But I won't share them here cause there might be spies. Then I will engage in a ad campaign, and I'm willing to spend the money it will take. Then I'm going to make some crop reductions/switches to free up some time for the apprentices, so they can do some more of the tasks that I do and that will free me up to patch gopher holes, increase my marketing, and have some more quality of life, ie cook more, eat more.
On Friday when Lisa and I went to Scottys for some food and beer, and we ran into some Farmer friends and that was a nice suprise. They are getting married this Fall and also will be seaching for a place to start their new farm. We really enjoy their company and do wish them the best in their upcoming wedding and Farm enterprise. John right now is working with Massa Organic's Rice getting some really valuable experience. Even if he won't be working specifically in the Rice cultivation field, simply working on a Farm is a priceless experience. Neddless to say our conversation ran the gamut from weddings ( some day Lisa and I will be married) to Local food systems.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home