Sunday, August 23, 2009

Food Revolution?

Where is it? Some days I find it in full force, amazing, sometimes surprising , and downright mind blowing. Yesterday at Farmers Market in Grass Valley I found it to be almost completely absent. Where was everybody? It was downright completely dead at Farmers Market. Yes every year after the county fair the market there slows down. But yesterday it just didn't slow down it just about died. My sales numbers were down from the previous years by at least 30%. I do have increased competition at that market but not that much. It was so slow I left my helper to run the stand, and went and checked out the Nevada City Farmers market to see if they were slow. It was really slow there too. Hopefully there might be some promotion of the market cause if not it's going to get really slow and not worth my effort to go up there. I could rant on and on but it's not worth the effort or time or focus on the negative.
But in Chico? It rocked!!! Farmers Market was busy and sales were up from last year. Go figure.Hometown comes out and buys it up. You see, for this Food Revolution to roll it's going to take not only Farmer's but Consumers!! Working together to form up Local and Regional food systems.
You see I have this vision. It's beautiful. Small and large pastoral farms are everywhere, Farmers Market's are attended by most the population. People are truly connected to the land and their food. And that's the simple version.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home