Friday, December 11, 2009

Romanescocicles

Romanescocicles you ask?

What are they? pureed Romanesco then frozen? No. But that would be interesting.
Basically after three nights of 11F, 15F, and 11F you get vergtablecicles. Frozen solid heads of Romanesco. Worthless 'cept for animal feed, or something beautiful to look at. I'm sure the chickens will adore them, same for the hogs, but our customers would probably find the texture to be off putting.

So what was probably $800 worth of Roamaneso is now nearly worthless. Makes me glad I live in sunny warm California and not some other way more chilly region. Crop losses here are pretty few and far between. If I'd have known it was to be so cold, I might have harvested it all and saved it, but the weatherperson here called for mid 20's the first night not 11F. Glad I get to find it his fault and not mine.

Chalk up one more lesson learned the hard way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home