Sunday, February 28, 2010

Too Much of a Good Thing

Yes yesterday's Market was rockin. I new it was going to be a busy one when I was quite busy at 8:00am. It stayed busy most the market, just slowing a bit at the end. Sold just about every Carrot we brought. Which is good cause we have lot's of them. I planted extra cause I was hoping that the schools veggie of the month program was going to have carrots on the list. Nope. Next year. So now either I find a place to sell a couple thousand pounds or till them in. Maybe Ben's Carrot wine will be a place to put them. Anybody want to buy some unmade, untested, untasted, Carrot wine? Well maybe I should get off my but and make some calls and just sell Carrots. Anybody out there want to buy a couple of tons of Carrots.

Actually the overage is a good thing. In two ways. One I always want enough to satisfy the demand at Farmers Market. Not enough Carrots make grumpy customers. Second way of a good thing is actaully I have so many extra cause I tried a new technique in seeding them and it worked out gangbusters. Yes David, if you read this you are the only one that knows. You know, a Farmer and his secrets. So end result is to much of a great thing. Good. Cause now I can grow my Carrot volume for years to come without taking space away from my other crops. It was getting tight but now I got a few years of growth.

Too much of a good thing/ blessing in disguise/ yeay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home