Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Itchin

Yes You say, what you itchin to do?

I'm itchin to fire up the tractor and till some soil. Problem is we had rain last night. And I'll tell you I'm not going to mess up the fine tilth I worked on for years just to scratch that one itch.

Mostly I'm itchin to get something done in the field. 'Sides digging Carrots.

Today I did plant the Eggplant in the greenhouse, and the Tomatoes I planted last week are starting to pop their little leaves up through the coco-peat. Yeah! Go 'maters. I Love it when they start doing that. Pretty soon they'll all be up and off to growing.

So tomorrow I'll change the oil and grease up the tractor so when I start her up she runs silky smooth. Then maybe if it dry's out a bit more I can start mowing and tilling. I still have plenty of time to start working beds, but yes, if it doesn't dry out soon then I start to worry. Or just get a bit nervous. I usually need a good week of dry weather to get to tillin, but 4 or 5 will let me hook up the mower and whack down the grass. We've had a good amount of rain so the wild oats in the field are getting tall and I'd like to take them down a notch. And it's a good thing I mowed the paths between the Onions and Garlic or the grass there would be 18" tall and a pain to mow. Matt- 1 grass -0 doing what's needed- 1 procrastination- 0.

So tomorrow after the oils changed and every thing is greased I'll start up the tractor and hope for dry weather.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home