Sunday, March 14, 2010

Where do I start ?

It's been one heck of a busy week round here. I can hardly remember all that I've done. But I'll try.

I started the week by sowing eggplant in the greenhouse, and of course each day I bag and box up Carrots for storage. And I started selling them to S&S, and Chico Natty, and Briarpatch.

Small interruption for breakfast YUM. Lisa's fantastic Eggs, our delicious Bacon, some potatoes, our Sun Dried Tomatoes, and wilted Wild Lettuce, which is really good- nutty ,a bit sweet, and a bit bitter. I should start harvesting it and selling it to French Laundry and retire early.

Ok back to the busy week. I've already told you I'm itchin to get some tractor work done, and changed the oil and greased er up. Ready and waiting for the field to dry.

On Thursday I killed two birds-one stone, and went to Grass Valley to deliver Carrots, and attend the Grower's Market Board meeting, which went really well with lot's of positive input, and energy.We're moving that Market so have lot's on our hands.

Now on to the big news. On Friday since it was raining I started working on my website. Small Farm Central has some really nice templates and nice features for small farmers so I signed up with them and started geeking on my site. All Friday. After the initial spurts and sputters and what? I got the hang of it and it's just about ready to launch. Yippie I'm moving into the 21st century! Now if I start a Facebook page and start Tweeting I'll really be here.

Yesterday's Farmer's Market started off good but died a bit early, and we didn't meet our sales goal, which has me wondering, am I loosing Market customers to my store sales? I had a few people tell me they bought them at the stores and our sales were off by just about the amount they probably sold. Coincidence?

The Tomatoes in the greenhouse are almost all up and off to growing, really good germination 90% so far, and look really good. And the Peppers are already starting to pop thru the soil which is early but good. The weather looks good for the week so I'll start mowing in a few days and hopefully start tilling late week!

So wish for dry weather!

1 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Anonymous David said...

How about some photos Matt? Let's see all those cute little babies coming up in the greenhouse!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home